Life In Spain

"It's life Jim, but not as we know it" A tongue in cheek account of life in Spain where we come to fufill our dream in the sun. The joys and the frustrations all laid bare.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Andalucia, Spain

Do not be fooled by my cool exterior. Inside there is a mad and frothy middle aged person trying to get out !

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Pedaloes, Lakes and Sunburn


A day at one of the beautiful lakes in this area, is a real day out. Not only are you surrounded by a very beautiful backdrop, but it is so quiet. There are a few lakeside restuarants who sell the most delightful fish dishes, and of course the odd drink or two.... There are also shingle type beaches where there is no overcrowding.



We took out a pedalo which cost us €5 for an hour which I thought was very reasonable and very good excercise. Having said that I know that we were out for a grat deal longer than an hour and I offered him more, but he would not take it.

The lake is full of fish, don't ask me what type, I just know that there were big ones and little ones in Negratin, and I was swimming with them. The lake is very cool, and the deeper you get the cooler it gets. Very, very pleasant when it is baking hot and it seems there is nowhere to get cool. The day we were there was a scorcher, and I was delighted to be in the water, even though it did take my breath away.

We will be going back again soon as I had a great time despite the sunburn. I will be taking food this time to snack upon, and plenty of sun cream.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home