Life In Spain

"It's life Jim, but not as we know it" A tongue in cheek account of life in Spain where we come to fufill our dream in the sun. The joys and the frustrations all laid bare.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Andalucia, Spain

Do not be fooled by my cool exterior. Inside there is a mad and frothy middle aged person trying to get out !

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rooftop Ramblers

It is amazing what or who you find on your roof when you live in a cave house. It is not unusual for people to stroll around on the roof whilst they are making their daily journeys. Personally I think I would find it a little uncomfortable as we consider a roof of a property to be a bit private and you would not think of walking around on someones roof. In the Uk it would not normally be possible, so I guess the concept is very strange to us.

These evening visitors are not unusual as such but it still makes me giggle, I never considered having sheep roaming and grazing on my roof. They are well managed with a couple of sheep dogs and a shepherd and most of them have large cow bells around their necks which makes a melodic clanking sound, very pleasant on the ears.


It has to be said that the dog is more than a little bemused. I suspect he has never seen a sheep in his life, and for good measure there are few goats too. The only time he barks is when he catches a glimpse of the sheepdog. I suspect he knows that the dog that used to visit us before we moved in, that I so wanted to adopt, was one of the sheepdogs......lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home